Thursday, January 13, 2011

Deconstructing Montgomery's Cheddar


If you’re a cheddar lover, this is your must-try cheese for 2011.

Montgomery’s Cheddar isn’t just an award-winning wedge, it’s a cheese with groupies. Di Bruno’s cheesemonger Ezekial Ferguson loves Montgomery’s so much, he tattooed the label on his shin.

Why the fanaticism? This cheese is made by a highly skilled British cheesemaker named Jamie Montgomery. He oversees every step of production, from milking to draining, cutting, and milling the curd, so that the flavor and texture are superb. 



To read on, please visit the Di Bruno blog.

Full disclosure: This post is part of a series I write for Di Bruno Bros., my fave cheese haunt in Philly. I pick the cheese, and they pay me to guest blog on their site.

2 comments:

  1. Let me just say, I have been on a budget and it's killing me. I think I appreciate cheese more now that I am trying to build my finances back up after moving. I am looking forward to this weekend's visit to Di Bruno. Montgomery Cheddar is on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could get it here. That is one sexy cheese photo.

    ReplyDelete